Thursday, September 30, 2010

Virtual manipulatives/Hands-on

Here is a 5 minute clip of myself using the virtual manipulative cd and manipulatives in my classroom. I'm sorry, it's so long! We were just learning how to regroup with ones and tens. So, it took some extra time for them to understand. If you can't hear the clip, I'm not sure what to do. I was having trouble with the volume when I opened it up on my PC, but another teacher didn't have trouble. If you can't hear it, you can still get the idea of the way I used the cd and how I had kids using their place value mats and manipulatives at their seats.

Anyway...
If you haven't gotten out your virtual cd...please do so! It's an awesome tool to use while you're teaching. Especially when you can have the kids doing the same thing at their seats with the same manipulatives! It really clicks much faster! When you use the cd, there are many options. I loved that there's way away for me to show three digit addition with regrouping on the board that also had the pictures. I loved clicking the word regroup, and it virtually regrouped the ones to the tens. The kids thought that was neat too!
You're meeting so many different learning styles! It doesn't take long to use or much preparation. I would love to see how other teachers are using their virtual manipulatives or organizing their manipulatives.

2 comments:

Tiffany Cooksey said...

Here's the link! Sorry!


http://sharing.theflip.com/session/493c1c27ca573b74e83a1c0732085cc4/video/18774493

Rick Glass said...

Thanks, Tiffany. Great post. I made the title of your post a link to the video. Simply click on it. Thanks for sharing!

Rick